Yesterday I woke up with a plan of all of these great things I was going to tackle. I don’t know if I was being unrealistic or if my time management is that bad. I did get quite of bit things done, but nowhere near what I expected. While I was not disappointed with myself, I definitely needed to re-examine a few things. What can I do to get the most out of my days? I know that I need to incorporate a day planner into my life, or at least an actual daily schedule. It’s been years since I have used one and it is time to bring it back.
With everything that I have going on and am working on, it is essential that I get my time management under control. I have looked into ways to work on my time I and thought I would share these tips with you guys:
- To-Do list- Create a to-do list and make note of the things that are most important and the things that require the most time. What are your goals for the day?
- Distractions- Getting rid of distractions is a must. It can be anything from social media, texts, tv. All of it, get rid of it.
- Schedule- Make a schedule each day. You need to know how much time you are willing to contribute to each task. You also have to add in transition time. How long is it going to take you transition to the next project? How long will it take to drive to the next location. This is very important because it can potentially subtract hours from your schedule.
- Organize- It is pertinent that you stay organized. Make a checklist of everything you will need to get through the day. If you can, get everything together the night before. If that is not possible spend time early in the morning so that everything needed is on hand.
- Be realistic- Be realistic about everything. What is in your capacity? What can you honestly accomplish within a day? Can the tasks be completed in a day?
What things do you do to get the most out of your day?